VOLUNTEER WITH US!
We welcome and depend on volunteers of all types to support Poulsbo Historical Society and its museum venues. Most volunteers commit to a weekly morning or afternoon shift.
Volunteering for a historical society offers many interesting opportunities to:
- Meet visitors from your own neighborhood and from around the world
- Enjoy the camaraderie of fellow volunteers
- Share your skills to benefit of your community
- Maritime Museum – serve as cashier for the museum gift shop.
- Archive & Research Center – assist a visitor in pursuing historical research.
- Martinson Cabin – during a lull on a warm day, putter in the garden!
- Heritage Museum – demonstrate the Regina Music Box and other interesting interactive historical exhibits.
- Heritage Museum: Monday AND Wednesday mornings.
- Maritime Museum Librarian: We are searching for a volunteer with some library experience (or willingness to learn basic skills) to oversee the small Maritime Library. Work includes tracking the check-in/check-out of books, “reading” the shelves to keep things organized, and processing new books as they are accepted. Set your own schedule.
- Video Editor to edit videos of historical programs and interviews for posting on the PHS website (could be done from home).
Transcriber to listen to and type up oral interviews (could be done from home).